MS Connect - Please provide bugs and feedback on Monad!
I’m excited to announce that we recently added Monad to the list of supported products on the Microsoft Connect site – http://connect.microsoft.com.
On the Monad team, we pride ourselves in listening to customer feedback. We used the BetaPlace feedback system in the past, and the Connect site now makes the process much more efficient. This is especially true in helping us determine the magnitude of a given problem, or desire for a feature request.
To be very clear, the public Beta 3 build is (more or less) what we consider “done.” We have a handful of product changes (and a few handfuls of bug fixes) in our current builds, but you are currently working with what is very nearly the finished product.
Have a bug? Let us know. Have a scenario that we poorly address? Let us know. Have a usability problem? Let us know. Don’t assume that the issue will go away in the next beta, as it very likely will not. Any future changes to V1 of Monad will be driven entirely by strong customer and partner feedback. In the absence of this, the product will remain as-is.
Of course, we will weigh this feedback against the other very real priority – getting V1 into your hands as soon as we possibly can. If we can’t accomodate your feedback for V1, it will prove very useful in helping us plan V2.
In order to help us weigh this feedback, please prefer voting over creating new feedback items. A vote for existing feedback is actually more important than a new piece of feedback, as the number of votes helps us measure its impact.
How to register for our feedback database:
- Visit http://connect.microsoft.com
- Sign in with your credentials accepted by the Microsoft Passport Network
- Click “Apply” next to the item, “Windows Monad Shell”
- Agree to the Terms of Service
- Supply your personal information
How to submit a piece of feedback:
- See if your issue has already been covered:
- Select “Feedback” from the left-hand side of the screen
- Search for keywords that others may have used to describe your issue
- If you find an item that represents your feedback:
- Click its title
- Click “Vote Now” under the rating box to add your vote to the item’s rating
- If you do not find an item that represents your feedback:
- Select the “Submit Feedback” option from the left-hand side of the screen
- Complete the form, including as much detail as possible. For this step, please see the detailed instructions available through the “Windows Monad Shell Home” section of the left-hand side of the screen
Looking forward to mountains of feedback!
[Edit: Monad has now been renamed to Windows PowerShell. This script or discussion may require slight adjustments before it applies directly to newer builds.]